EBC Kalapatthar Trek 16 Days
All Inclusive Price:
- 16 Days
- Trip Level:
StrenuousVentures at this grade are 'Tough Treks' and must be fully supported. The altitude attained is between 3,500 to 5,000m. These treks also involve several nights stay above 4,000m. These are genuine expeditions where preparation and a willingness to 'rough it' are necessary. You must have be physically fit for this trek.
- Max Altitude:
- 5,550 m
- Sightseeing and High Altitude Trekking
- Best Season:
- February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November & December
EBC Kalapatthar Trek offers you the perfect conjugation of nature and adventure.Â EBC Kalapatthar Trek is popular trekking, the ideal way of exploring the Khumbu region, for it offers you to the most breathtaking views in the whole world when you reach the famous vantage points that are Everest Base Camp and Kala Patthar. This beautiful trekking journey takes you through beautiful Sherpa villages to the foot of the tallest mountain in the world, Everest (8848m). Â
The 16 days Everest Base Camp Kala Patthar Trek starts with the thrilling flight to Lukla. You walk on the same route that was first taken by Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa back in 1953. The trek has trails that visit major highlights of the Khumbu region, like the celebrated Himalayan town of Namche Bazaar, the spiritual Tengboche Monastery, the Sagarmatha National Park (a natural UNESCO World Heritage Site), and the vantage points of Kala Patthar and Everest Base Camp from where the panorama of the Everest (8848m) Â massif is simply unprecedented. Hiking along Himalayan pastures and lively Sherpa villages and settlements, the trekking journey is accentuated with majestic sights of the many peaks of the Mahalangur Himalayan Range. Complimented by the verdant blooming of rhododendrons in colours of the red, white and pink set against the silver mountains, the Everest Base Camp Kalapatthar Trek is composed of one of the most beautiful trans-Himalayan terrains on the planet. Consisting of dramatic river valleys eclipsed by lofty peaks and occupied by the ethnic Sherpa people, the trekking journey is one that will forever be embedded into the minds of all those who undergo it. Â Â Â
Join Himalayan Recreation Treks and Expedition for unforgettable trekking experiences where your comfort and satisfaction are always the top priority. Our Everest Base Camp Kalapatthar Trek is crafted with the best care and aims at providing the best trekking experience in Nepal. You are guaranteed a memorable trip with us as your travel companions.
ITINERARY Expand All Download PDF Brochure
WHAT'S INCLUDEDExpand All
3 Night Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast in 3 star
Tea house Accommodation during a trek
Food from the menu (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)
An Expert English speaking guide with his/her food, accommodation, insurance and salary.
Kathmandu to Lukla to Kathmandu (Round way flights)
- Private Vehicles
- Tourist Bus/Flight
- All airport pick up drop by private vehicle (for both international and domestic flights)
- Welcome/ farewell dinner dinner in an authentic restaurant
- Kathmandu to Lukla to Kathmandu flight with airport departure tax
- National Park entrance fee and Trekkersâ€™ Information Management System( TIMS card)
- 2 guest to 1 porter with their insurance, salary, food, accommodation and equipment
- First add kit box
- Trekking Plannerâ€™s sleeping bag, down jackets, T-shirt, cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps â€“ if necessary.
- Arrangement of emergency evacuation service (should have insurance for emergency evacuation and will be paid by your travel insurance company)
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily during the trek (very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness(AMS) symptoms). This helps ensure your trek is in the safest hands possible
- All applicable government and local taxes per the itinerary
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- All meals and accommodation in Kathmandu
- Meals during the traveling time
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra more nights accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary
- Your Personal expenses such as ( laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, juice, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
TRAVEL INSURANCEProof of travel insurance is mandatory before starting the trek. Standard policies often only cover medical evacuation to 4000m so make sure the policy you get covers trekking as an activity up to 6000m. You only need to be covered on the policy for the days you will actually be trekking. We have some suggestions on finding an insurance company on ourÂ Terms of Service Page
EXTRA COSTS AND EXCLUSIONSOur trekking packages are pretty much all inclusive when you arrive in Nepal. Here are additional expenses that you can plan on while trekking:
- For visas pleaseÂ click here.
- Sleeping Bag Rental $20 and Down Jacket $15 if needed.
- All the meals are included on the trek but we only include breakfast while you are in Kathmandu.
- We suggest a tip for the guide and porter after the trek â€“ Plan on around 10% of the cost of your trek.
- We donâ€™t include drinking water on the trek which you can buy a number of places for between $1 and $3 a bottle (it gets more expensive towards base camp). A better solution is to buy water tablets in Kathmandu for around $2 and treat the water (your guide can help you find the good places to fill your water bottle).
- The other things not included on the trek are like Wifi, charging batteries and hot showers. Wifi is available in some tea houses for $3 to $5 an hour. Hot Showers are also available in a few of the tea houses for between $4 and $6. Charging electronic devices is possible in the tea houses and charging costs between $1 and $3 an hour.
- Unforeseen cost due to flight cancellation, weather conditions etc. You are responsible for extra hotel nights ($40/night) and meals in Kathmandu or Lukla for any extra days in Nepal due to flight delays.
SOLO TRAVELERSWe generally donâ€™t charge solo travelers any extra fees. Solo travelers can expect their own hotel room in Kathmandu but will need to share a room with other group members during the trek. If availability allows we will arrange private rooms on the trek as well upon request.
CANCELLATION POLICIESWe understand things happen and plans change and will refund your deposit minus a $150 cancellation fee. If your travel dates change we can generally reschedule you at no extra charge, but please provide at least 7 days advance notice.
EQUIPEMENTThe following are what we advise you obtain in the way of equipment and gear before trekking in Nepal, and are meant to keep you mobile and comfortable in a range of expected weather conditions. Trekking gear can be rented or purchased in Kathmandu at cheaper prices, remember Nepal is the home of Mount Everest, there is plenty of choice and our staff can assist you with the necessary arrangements. Except for your day pack, all luggage will be carried by porters. There is an allowance of 33lbs/15kg per person. Additional personal items not needed for the trekking portion of the trip can be checked in the hotelâ€™s storage room for no extra cost. HEAD
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Head torch
- Cotton T-shirts or Thermals
- Fleece jacket
- Waterproof jacket
- Down jacket
- Lightweight cotton pants (long)
- Waterproof Pants
- Thin inner socks
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Comfortable Hiking boots
- Sleeping bag rated to â€“ 20Â°C
- Trekking bags/duffel bag
- Large plastic bags (for keeping items dry inside trek bag)
- Trekking poles (optional, recommended)
- Water bottle or camel bag
WHO CAN GO?
ABOUT THE TREK
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD & TRANSPORTATION
HEALTH & SAFETY
Classic Everest Base Camp Trek from Jiri is a classic journey that lets trekkers walk the same path as Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa walked all the way back in 1953. Comparatively, the trek to EBC from Jiri is less travelled and rather strenuous. It is a more challenging option for enthusiastic thrill-seekers who want to experience an alternate route than the short flight to Lukla. The Classic Everest Base Camp Trek from Jiri adds more to the natural, the cultural and adventurous aspect of the trekking journey.
Starting with seven to eight hours of driving from Kathmandu to Jiri, the Classic EBC Trekking presents new settlements for trekkers that the conventional Lukla flight misses out on- like Junbesi and Nunthala. The path winds amazingly through primordial forests and serpentines through the terrace farmlands and old villages of the ancient valley. For the initial part of the trekking journey, trekkers can enjoy the relatively less-visited settlements until finally converging on the similar path to EBC at Namche Bazaar. The best times to do the Classic Everest Base Camp Trek from Jiri are during the months of March to May and September and December. It is a strenuous journey and having the ability to trek for long hours of the day up and down the terrain certainly helps. Trekkers must be ready to face all of the difficulties that come with scaling the Himalayan landscape. The trek presents trekkers with a chance to explore the rather less-trodden path to reach the famous base camp of the Sagarmatha Peak. This journey presents more challenges in terms of terrain and duration and is more opted for trekkers who are looking for an adventure that will let them take on the arduous Himalayan landscape. Â Â
The Classic Everest Base Camp Trek from Jiri by Himalayan Recreation is a carefully crafted package that aims to present our customers with an unforgettable experience. We provide the best services and guides throughout the journey and always have the contentment of our customers in mind. Â
Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lakes Trek is one of the grandest trekking adventures not only in Nepal but the world. Not only is the region of Everest home of the world’s tallest mountain peak, but it is also the home of a thriving Sherpa culture of the country. Traversing through vibrant landscapes, the journey takes you through glorious Sherpa villages and to the serene lakes resting below the majestic Himalayas.
Your arrival in the bustling city of Kathmandu marks the beginning of the trip. You will continue on a flight to Lukla which houses one of the most dangerous airports in the World. Then the trek stretches along with the Himalayan territory of the nation. As the name itself explains, the Everest Base Camp Trek with Gokyo Lake takes trekkers into the heart of the Khumbu region. Along with journeying to the base camp of the tallest Himal on Earth, trekkers also visit the holy Gokyo Lake situate in the crevasse of the Himalayas. The sapphire-blue lake coupled with the cerulean mountain peaks of the Khumbu makes it one of the most memorable trekking journeys. Furthermore, the Everest Base Camp Trek with Gokyo Lakes is not only naturally enriching, but it also presents trekkers with the opportunity to experience the legendary Sherpa culture of the region. The meandering trekking trail winds through the Dudh Koshi River valley and takes trekkers through the Sagarmatha National Park- one of the two Natural Parks of Nepal enlisted as World Heritage Site by UNESCO. The journey also has many other highlights, like the Himalayan town of Namche Bazaar and a visit to the vantage point of Kalapatthar from where the entire panorama of the Everest massif is seen quite beautifully. Trekkers also cross the Cho La Mountain Pass at 5420 meters and visit settlements like Dhole and Machhermo among many. The views of the Himalayan peaks like the Ama Dablam (6856m), Lhotse (8414m), Makalu (8463m), Taboche (6367m), Khumbutse (6665m), Thamserku (6608m), Mount Everest (8848m) and the Kongde Ri (6187m) among many others of the Sagarmatha range all along the journey is simply unprecedented in its magnificence and glory.
Join Himalayan Recreation for an unforgettable adventure to the Khumbu region of Nepal. With us, you will get the best services and a comfortable journey incorporated with amazing aspects and features. With our professional guides and team members who have been in the field for many years, we guarantee you a journey that you will never forget.
Gokyo Valley Trek is one of the best trekking destinations in the Khumbu region that offers you views of picturesque landscapes, stunning Himalayan ranges, and beautiful turquoise lakes along with unique culture and tradition of Sherpa people. This trek takes you to the breathtaking Gokyo valley where you will create wonderful memories to last for the rest of your life.
The Gokyo Valley Trek starts with a short flight to Lukla and goes through the Himalayan settlement of Phakding and through UNESCOâ€™s natural world heritage site i.e. Sagarmatha National Park to the celebrated town of Namche Bazaar. The trekking trail winds through amazing river valleys and is accompanied by lush deciduous forests, open pastures, and cultivated terrace farms. Each of the settlements and villages of this region is also great places to get a glimpse of the Sherpa culture. Furthermore, the trail leads to the pristine Gokyo Lakes situated in the lap of Cho Oyu (8188m), the sixth highest mountain in the world. With turquoise blue water and a sacred tenor, the Gokyo Lakes is a great natural component of the Himalayan ecosystem and emit tranquility in the surrounding environment. The best sunrise and sunset views can be seen from Gokyo Ri (5360m), which hosts an amazing panorama of snow-clad mountains like Cho Oyu (8188m), Chamar (7287m), Everest (8848m), Lhotse (8414m), and many others along with a wide view of the gorgeous Gokyo Lakes and the massive Ngozumpa Glacier. The best time to do the Gokyo Valley Trek would be from the months of March to May and September to December. These months present the best-suited temperatures and weather conditions for trekking in the Himalayas.
Join Himalayan Recreation Treks and Expedition for your Gokyo Valley Trek adventure so that your experience that is eventful and spectacular. Our professional team members, with more than a decade of experience, make sure that you get the best experience of your life while traveling in Nepal. This is an adventure that you surely do not want to miss out on.